The Commercial Bar Association of the Victorian Bar (CommBar) was established at a meeting of interested members of the Bar on 26 October 1994.
Since its formation, the following have held office as President of the Association:
- 1994 – 1997 Alan H Goldberg QC
- 1997 – 2001 Allan J Myers QC
- 2001 – 2005 David H Denton QC
- 2005 – 2009 Peter Bick QC
- 2009 – 2012 John Digby QC
- 2012 – Philip Crutchfield QC
In 2007 CommBar introduced membership by subscription to enable CommBar to provide a greater range of services and activities.
CommBar members have traditionally practised throughout Australia and, in many cases, overseas. CommBar’s focus is not only Victoria and Australia, but the entire Asia Pacific Region.